Monday, March 9, 2009

Brother and Sister take Cartagena by Storm


On our 5-day getaway Susie and I never stopped. We stayed within the walled city of Cartagena sector of Cartagena which boasts old cannons and a fortress. From there we did daily excursions. First we went to a mud volcano, then we snorkeled our way through coral reefs, paddled through mangroves, and lastly got our asses kicked by the strong Colombian sun at an island straight out of a movie set. It was WINDY as hell, and many days many boats couldn’t get even out of port. The mud in the volcano at Totumo was SO thick, you did not sink to the bottom, and basically had to be pushed or pulled in order to get from one side to the other. The mangroves were so peaceful except for the SMELL, and the coral reefs were breathtaking. We only wish that we had purchased a camera for underwater, however Susie and I both concluded that the person who invented the mask for a snorkel NEVER consulted an Armenian when it came to shaping the nose portion of it.

3 comments:

Uncle B. said...

Love it! What did the mud smell like? Is it supposed to be good for your skin?

Steve said...

I KNEW IT!!!!! Someone should have warned Susie! A direct quote: "On our 5-day getaway Susie and I never stopped."
RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A Tamooz classic!

Steve said...

Did you tell your readers WHY you went to the mangroves?