Don't get me wrong. I LOVED Baños, Ecuador. It's located about 3 1/2 hours outside of the capital (Quito). However, it is tucked away DEEP in the mountains in the heart of volcanic activity. The town had to be completely evacuated due to volcanic eruptions 2 years ago. You can still see ash blowing all over the place, and many of the riverbeds are caked with ash too. Anyway, I went white-water rafting, and went rapelling, and then took the damn cable car, which was the worst. I think 99% of the people would have hated it. Getting to Baños wasn't esay either. Being in the mountains, it's necessary to take these WINDING, CURVY roads, at FRIGHTENING altitudes. the buses take these turns at WARP SPEEDS. Scary as hell.... but i had such a great time. The video shows great views, and the waterfall used in Raiders of the Lost ark. - Check it out, it's one of my favorites actually.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Baños, Ecuador. Awesome, but scared the hell out of me!
Don't get me wrong. I LOVED Baños, Ecuador. It's located about 3 1/2 hours outside of the capital (Quito). However, it is tucked away DEEP in the mountains in the heart of volcanic activity. The town had to be completely evacuated due to volcanic eruptions 2 years ago. You can still see ash blowing all over the place, and many of the riverbeds are caked with ash too. Anyway, I went white-water rafting, and went rapelling, and then took the damn cable car, which was the worst. I think 99% of the people would have hated it. Getting to Baños wasn't esay either. Being in the mountains, it's necessary to take these WINDING, CURVY roads, at FRIGHTENING altitudes. the buses take these turns at WARP SPEEDS. Scary as hell.... but i had such a great time. The video shows great views, and the waterfall used in Raiders of the Lost ark. - Check it out, it's one of my favorites actually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment