Last weekend right when I got to Spain, I signed up for a tennis tournament. They put in division C for singles and I lost my first match (to an asshole), and then for doubles, I signed up for an anonymous partner (who turned out to be Carlos Moreno), and they put Carlos and me in the D division. We ended up winning the tournament. It was incredibly hot, and some people had to withdraw due to heat exhaustion (and vomiting) on the court. Anyway, the biggest surprise of the tournament (besides winning the doubles) was due to an ancient tradition dating back to the 15th century in Spain where the shepherds must be granted the right to drive the sheep through the city limits when weekend a year.... It just so happened to be the weekend of the tournament. It was SO awesome. Check out the video footage. Imagine being in a city of 5 million people, you on a tennis court, and something like this showing up.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Tennis Anyone - Part 2
Last weekend right when I got to Spain, I signed up for a tennis tournament. They put in division C for singles and I lost my first match (to an asshole), and then for doubles, I signed up for an anonymous partner (who turned out to be Carlos Moreno), and they put Carlos and me in the D division. We ended up winning the tournament. It was incredibly hot, and some people had to withdraw due to heat exhaustion (and vomiting) on the court. Anyway, the biggest surprise of the tournament (besides winning the doubles) was due to an ancient tradition dating back to the 15th century in Spain where the shepherds must be granted the right to drive the sheep through the city limits when weekend a year.... It just so happened to be the weekend of the tournament. It was SO awesome. Check out the video footage. Imagine being in a city of 5 million people, you on a tennis court, and something like this showing up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You act as though you've never seen a sheep before...
I cannot stop being impressed at your technological wizardry these days. It's quite amazing!
Post a Comment