Kind of freaked out when I saw this sign. It's not every day that you run across a sign that says IRAN on it. Actually being out here in Van is interesting. NO ONE speaks English, and although I thought I was studying my Turkish before I left, WHO WAS I KIDDING. I am barely getting by, and that's being VERY generous. There aren't a lot of tourists here, and the ones that I have run into have been Iranians. Here, in the Eastern part of Turkey, I have been telling people that I am from Spain, to avoid problems. I certainly am not about to tell people that I am Armenian, and I'm sure that if I were to say that I am American, that wouldn't win over the Iranian tourists all that much either. The problem is, everyone starts talking to me about SOCCER as soon as i say Spain, and naming the players, and I'm like..... Rafael Nadal!!!!!!!
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
forza!!!!
can't wait to see the Ararat pictures!
Unfortunately, Ararat is not visible from Lake Van.
And I was so excited to see it!
Post a Comment