First I saw the longest centipede/millipede I have ever seen in my life, and with such neat colors. Machu Picchu was a stronghold for the Incan Indians (circa 1400-1450), and this remote civilization was lost, until in 1911 a North American explorer uncovered the remains. How in the world did they build this civilization on top of a mountain with such STEEP inclines remains a mystery. Wyanapicchu was the look out tower for Machu Picchu. The climb up there was hard as hell. Again, such steep inclines, no railings, and windy (not to mention it had just rained). This is NO PLACE for a person with vertigo or afraid of heights. All I can say is a place like this would NEVER be open to the public in the States due to liability and lawsuits. THAT'S how crazy the whole thing is.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Machu Picchu and Wyanapicchu in Peru.
First I saw the longest centipede/millipede I have ever seen in my life, and with such neat colors. Machu Picchu was a stronghold for the Incan Indians (circa 1400-1450), and this remote civilization was lost, until in 1911 a North American explorer uncovered the remains. How in the world did they build this civilization on top of a mountain with such STEEP inclines remains a mystery. Wyanapicchu was the look out tower for Machu Picchu. The climb up there was hard as hell. Again, such steep inclines, no railings, and windy (not to mention it had just rained). This is NO PLACE for a person with vertigo or afraid of heights. All I can say is a place like this would NEVER be open to the public in the States due to liability and lawsuits. THAT'S how crazy the whole thing is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment