Well, the coures is finally over, and I survived. It was a great course, and I learned a lot. It's been hot (90-95 degrees) but to be honest, this has been one of the mildest summers I (or anybody else) has experienced in Madrid. The course afforded me opportunities that I will never be able to repeat like being 1 of 20 people in the Prado Museum. Normally you can't even hear yourself think. We also had access to the National Library. I got a chance to hold some of the first publications by Francisco Goya (from 1863). To many of you that doesn't sound like much of a highlight, but for those of you Spanish teachers out there, you know what I am talking about. The video attached is from the cathedral of Segovia. Unfortunately you can't take any video footage of the inside, but hopefully you can get an idea from the outside chapels and surrounding gardens what it must look like on the inside. Its absolutely incredibly.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hi david! your lame friends are reading your blog, really we are. loved the sheep video!
Thanks Carrie. There are more on the way. Love and miss you guys.
Post a Comment